rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hencredible's Weekend in Rio de Janeiro

Hencredible's Weekend in Rio de Janeiro

Quote: (01-23-2013 09:23 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Fellas, I sorta feel the temptation to make an entirely new thread about Rio to give the forum a definitive playbook to win out there. There are so many misconceptions about the place and I don't want anyone wasting their time with nonsense. But I'm still pretty tired so I will address the questions I've seen here and add my own two pennies.

Guide To Winning In Rio

First, to G's question, Rio OWNS the talent in the "tropics" category. I can't think of another city in that type of atmosphere that can touch it. It's warm year-round and girls are always showing a lot of skin. It's not like up north where girls can deceptively conceal bodily imperfections with cleverly placed clothing. It's hard to compare places directly when you see top-tier talent in both. I can say Rio has an "annual spot" on the international playboy's docket. At least one week per year visit would be ideal.

However, it is far from the easiest place for a player to operate. Logistics are very difficult. Rio has an underserved hotel market. Many of the big global brands are either not present or have limited representation. The hotel policies in many places are unfriendly (no outside visitors) and apartments are hard to come by in prime locations. Either that or they are way overpriced. The restaurant scene also sucks. There's either exhorbitant venues for food that doesn't measure up in quality or complete garbage. There's no in between. Service also sucks. It takes forever to get your order or something will be off. This all leads me to my next point about how to win in Rio.

Many guys see the rap videos and movies and think there's going to be TONS of chicks all over the beach ready to get swooped. Sorry, but that's not the case gentlemen. Many guys go to Rio with this vision and end up failing. BIG time.

Now, Brazilian girls are feminine, friendly, receptive to approaches, and even expecting to get hit on by guys. You should see how Brazilian dudes roll. They are among the most aggressive breed of men I have seen for trying to get a kiss close and f-close. They go for the k-close almost immediately and keep making attempts if they face resistance. Also, they really don't care about taking down a 5 or a 6. They just want to get it in regardless. Girls in Rio are surrounded by men like this.

The best thing you can do is learn Portuguese but, lets face it, many of you guys will never learn it. I have a friend who did it by brute force but this is an extremely intelligent guy who has always done well in just about everything in his life. After all, he's an American who lives in Rio full-time. Most of us are too lazy to commit to learning languages like he can, but some of us can. The great thing about learning Portuguese, which is on my bucket list btw, is that you can approach day and night and reduce the "gringo perception" that a chick may have about you initially. Keep in mind the finest chicks in Rio are often the ones who only know Portuguese. If you can communicate with her and her friends, you are good to go. You will get a hell of a lot more notches. It's also a plus because you see even more chicks out during the day time. Having the language down will allow to start convos in indirect settings instead of mainly relying on night game.

If you've never been to Rio and are visiting for the first time and you don't know Portuguese, don't set high expectations for yourself. You should instead focus on laying the "groundwork." I'm not a p4p guy and this isn't a p4p forum, so you should look at Rio as a more "long-term, gradual" kind of commitment. I'm assuming most people's first trip won't be much longer than a week. Don't look at it like DR where you just fly down for a weekend, get your dick wet, and go home. Go there to build your social connections and over the long-term you will get good returns on your investment.

Now if you're staying for a while, perfect. You have a good amount of time to make friends, build a social circle and get a return on your investment. This guide is for the guy who doesn't have that kind of luxury of time.

The best thing to do if you're a newbie on a short schedule is first see if you know anyone who lives there. If you have a friend who lives in Rio and especially in a good area (Leblon, Barra, Ipanema, Copa, etc), try to crash at his place if it's possible to bring chicks there. Don't be a scumbag (treat your friend to drinks, food, bring something nice from the duty free, etc). That's what I did on my first trip. The good thing about having a friend (assuming they're a player) is that they are also plugged into some kind of social circle. Brazilians are different than people from the Anglo world. If you meet a Brazilian through a mutual friend, they automatically see you as a direct friend. They don't have all those mental labels like us in the north of "friend from this guy/place" and acting differently towards that person. So my first trip was great because I had a local friend who lived in Ipanema long enough to know the language and had cute girls who lived in his building that we hung out with immediately.

If you don't have a friend, try to get a spot in an area of the Zona Sul near the beach. Ipanema would be ideal. If not Ipanema, Copa, Barra or Leblon or St. Teresa/Lapa since there's venues around there. After getting the spot down, pipeline. Use that as a safety net.

You could still come across a Brazilian girl who speaks English or even one that doesn't and get laid. At the very least, get her contact info and build rapport for your next visit. If you don't take it down the first time you should the next time. If not her, then her friends. This is very common. The thing is with girls in Rio you can run hard game that you probably wouldn't do at home. You can be at a party and grab her arm, smile, hold eye contact and start talking. They won't be alarmed by this at all. During Carnaval, you can straight up grab chicks and go for the kiss before even saying a word.

Also, there are lots of foreign chicks in Rio that are also attractive. This is great for guys who speak English and Spanish because most of these girls speak those languages. Lots of chicks from Argentina, Scandinavia, Israel and Australia visit Rio. They go to venues like Emporio, Casa Rosa, Lapa Friday night parties, and all those bars/outdoor restos in Ipanema. If you choose to stay at a hostel you'll find them there as well. Many times they can be in rather large groups which can make it hard if you're solo or without a good team. Some of these groups include a mix of girls and guys. This is often the case with Israelis. Seems like most of them are doing that post-military travel and roll in big sets, making it harder for you.

You can also pipeline foreign chicks from CS using the "travelers" filter, but you'll see many out and about as well so it's not necessary. That foreign option alone makes visiting Rio on a short timetable worth it if you're like me and consider getting laid with a cute chick regardless of nationality a win at the end of the day.

The best thing about Rio is the "blending in" factor. Almost anyone can look like a Brazilian. I also think the racial mixing down there socially (not economically) is unmatched by any country. It's great. Sometimes I saw women who I swore were nordic speaking fluent Portuguese with a Brazilian accent. It's mind boggling how diverse it is down there.

Rio is ultimately better played on the long-term front. If not, commit to "laying the groundwork" because Rio is NOT one of those places that you'll only want to visit once. The natural scenery there is spectacular and the vibe is hard to beat. As one of the most naturally beautiful settings in the world, it's still one of the most enjoyable places you could possibly visit.

Nice tips!

Do you recommend staying at a hostel or airbnb if you dont know anyone and traveling solo??

Messages In This Thread