rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Helio Gracie - alpha male

Helio Gracie - alpha male

Quote: (01-12-2013 08:51 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2013 04:48 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

PLAYBOY sent Dalila Magarian to interview Gracie. Dalila was at the small farm in Itaipava, in Rio de Janeiro state, about 100 kilometers from the capital, where Helio has lived in retirement for the last 8 years. She relates that " I have had three encounters with Prof. Helio. Upon arriving at the farm, which is located about 2 kilometers from the center of the city of Itaipava, there is a sign saying "Nosso Vale [our valley], where I was greeted, always by six Napolitan mastim dogs. The Professor appeared next, with a wide smile and a strong open hand. We spent three days in animated chatting always on the veranda with a view of an enormous green pasture occupied by a few head of cattle. The total area, about 320,000 square meters, is a personal city for him and his 56 years old wife, Vera. She made a legitimate cold cheese food which delighted me on the second visit.

Forget the cheese. Did he go for the bang?

Quote:Quote:

He says that "sex is only valid for making children".

I found this concerning.

Even if he is being honest about that, he had nine kids.

He believed his sons to be invincible in a one-on-one fight. He got his arm broken in the fight against kimura who was larger than him.

He helped develop a style of fighting that took the world by storm.

He beat people up for a living and taught others how to do it.

The Gracie Challenge was open to anybody. He and his sons were afraid of no one.

He led a very strict and disciplined life of a martial artist.

So maybe he did only have sex to procreate, but he was also a man of strength, respect, and honor.

He grew up in a different era than we did.

I meant all that in jest, but...

While he's certainly an icon that is worthy of the utmost respect and admiration, I'd find the notion that sex is only valid for procreation concerning no matter who said it.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread