rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will VIP club tables go away?

Will VIP club tables go away?

The tables will stay. The Clubs (as we know them now) will be toast though. They will scale down to more "Supper" type lounges or scale up to big multi-level "event places". All filled with tables.

Social Media could be the game changers that destroys or resurrects the Club scene. If clubs can use Social Media in house to get interaction going between people then it will be a plus. If not the isolation and disconnectedness it causes will destroy the Club scene.

The one thing Toronto does well is be one step ahead of 90% of places when it comes to nightlife. Since we were the home of Clubland a lot of Bar owners still just jack new ideas or think up their own. Tables are still focal points in bars but the trend now is to scale up - Multi-use "event spaces" which are more or less designed to hold shows for big DJ fad that is going on now. Or the scale down to tight "supper clubs" which squeeze money of serving half-descent food. But the biggest trend is just more and more smaller venues. Toronto has to many bars for its size and it waters down the nightlife dynamics. There is probably a thousand bars in the town that only hold 50 people max. One of my favorite bars in the Winter when the patio is closed probably holds 30 people max. There is always a line.

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:22 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:06 PM)jerome Wrote:  

I was having a debate with my friend on why I believe VIP tables at night clubs will stay.....

The night club game has recently change in th last 5 years, where most night club will segregate about 50 percent of the club for VIP tables....

In the past, bars use to dominate the scene, which allow for male and female interaction.

I get where you are going with all this, but VIP tables have been around for a long time.

[Image: Speakeasy.jpg]

This is true but the difference now is that Clubs designate a majority if not all their space to Booths. I've seen Toronto clubs cram booths near the bathrooms and sell standing bottle service at the bar.

Messages In This Thread