rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Official Presidential Election Thread

The Official Presidential Election Thread

Quote: (11-07-2012 11:37 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

America was built on "illegal immigration". Do you think that the pilgrims went to the American embassy and got visas before they got on the Mayflower? I doubt that the millions of Italians who landed on Ellis Island had work visas either. The fact is that humans have been migrating for better economic opportunities for thousands of years. These nation states are a very recent phenomenon. For most of our existence, human beings have moved freely in search of food and better prospects, the only hindrances being natural, i.e oceans, mountains etc.

Is it America's job to save the 3rd world from poverty? If yes, who's going to pay for that? You?

Or is it the concern of Americans to make America the best damn country in the world?

Most people who voted this election are too dumb to understand either of those choices, who is for which one or why, but I'll tell you this: the latter is the one you SHOULD be voting for.

I'm glad we agree.

Because now that we agree that's the goal, we can have a rational discussion on the merits and demerits of immigration. In particular, the trade-offs, ups and downs, of third world immigration.

But don't take me at my word: Vernon Briggs at Cornell University and George Borjas at Harvard are both top-notch economists who have labor and migration economics down to a science (literally). You'll get a good argument for why third world immigration is a bad idea seen from the eyes of workers, ie. voters, and of course implicity, why it's a good idea for employers. Then you won't have to swallow raw the narrative liberals have been feeding you, and you'll be smarter than most conservatives at the same time. Win/win.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Messages In This Thread