rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

40+ fashion
0+ fashion
I got a single pair of Allen Edmonds and unfortunately they aren't QUITE right (a little pain in the little toes) so I'm frustrated; I love the shoes but need to get them stretched or something.

I'm actually making good progress with--bear with me--secondhand stores. Not only did I score a well-made pair of all-leather (including soles) brogues for a great price, I'm finding good options for "little bets"--for example, spent $50 or so on a pretty poor tweed jacket that doesn't quiiite fit well. Wasted money? No, because I got to try it a bit and understand how and where I would wear a good one, and now I can see where it would work, so I'm willing to buy a decent made-to-measure and press on (I'm saving true custom for when I'm Really Damn Sure).

So I'm still very much in the experimental stage (secondhand shops and online tailors), but that's a great place to be when trying to figure out what works. Spending $5k on a custom suit isn't necessarily a bad idea, but spending $5k on the WRONG custom suit would be downright stupid.

Messages In This Thread