rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chevy Chase Drops N-word on Set, but That's Not the Issue...

Chevy Chase Drops N-word on Set, but That's Not the Issue...

It's great that you picked this particular episode of "Politically Incorrect." Camille Paglia is one of my favorite people, because I believe she's honest. It isn't about agreeing with everything she says (she was supportive of the Birther movement, I also don't agree that homosexuality is in everyone, etc.) - I just think she's legitimately committed to what she says, and isn't just saying it to be controversial. As you probably noticed, she touched on a few things we discuss here, and there's no small wonder that feminists rejected her. She laid out their hypocricy for all to see.

This show pushed what was allowable on network tv right to the line in terms of language and subject matter. Other shows, like "NYPD Blue" moved the needle a little further (male nudity from behind, female breasts from the side, some language), but I don't think you'll see certain slurs, used in certain contexts ever.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread