rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Soft American

The Soft American

Quote: (10-01-2012 09:28 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I hate to say it but I know in private schools and schools in more affluent neighborhoods sports and fitness are hugely important. I always thought this a little backwards but what JFK was saying back then makes even more sense today then it did back then. Kids need to be challenged physically in order for them to grow mentally.

This is a consistent trend with the elite in the USA-they tend to buck the major negative trends that hit the average joe.

Exhibit A: Divorce epidemic? Not for the wealthy and well educated. They still marry relatively early and divorce at a rate well under the 50% everyone else is used to.

Exhibit B: Fattie epidemic? Their women are all still pretty fit. There's a surprisingly strong pushback against fat acceptance among the elite, which makes sense when you consider the options their men have-the women know a rotund body keeps an average dude in line, not a powerful, affluent one.

Exhibit C: High unemployment? The elite still find jobs no problem, via networking and credentials (your exposure to the worst aspects of our market can vary greatly-big difference between Stanford or Duke liberal arts degree and an equivalent from, say, Savannah State or SUNY Albany). All these folks need to do is work their way into an elite school (the vast majority of them will find their way into one), get by (good grades are gravy) and let the rest take care of itself.

You longing for a return to the older, "saner" ways, or something equivalent to the Mad Men fantasies of yore?
These folks aren't-they still kind of have it.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread