rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Soft American

The Soft American

Quote:Quote:

Do schools still require kids to take gym classes?

It is in Canada (as far as I know) but I think participation in some sports is not mandatory.

When I was in school we had basic strength tests, as well as events like Jump Rope For Heart where we raised money for fitness and then competed against ourselves. It was fun.

I remember the fitness days were always full of fun competition. Rope climbs were a particular favorite.

I hate to say it but I know in private schools and schools in more affluent neighborhoods sports and fitness are hugely important. I always thought this a little backwards but what JFK was saying back then makes even more sense today then it did back then. Kids need to be challenged physically in order for them to grow mentally.

People now days have essentially just given up. Its almost a whole class of people that have just dropped out. Not good.

Messages In This Thread