rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I had a hair transplant done

I had a hair transplant done

@ bacon the cost was 12K plus canadian taxes. I didn't shop around at all. I was told the guy I was seeing was the best around and that's all I needed to know. Trust in the doc doing it was more important than anything. I wasn't bald by any stretch but receding considerably.

Even guys with total baldness usually have a ring of hair at the back of their head. These hair follicles typically last for life and it's from this area the surgeon will take follicles (donor area) to the recipient area (anywhere). In my case this was the temple areas and also the front. but really it can go anywhere on the scalp or usual hair bearing areas i.e. eyebrows etc.

The procedure left me with a scar which has come down completely and basically there is nothing to feel at the back of my head. Even if someone looked through my hair it would be difficult to find.

the delay between consult and procedure was simply cuz the doc is that busy. I think i actually got in because of a cancellation.

I considered rogaine going forward but it's proven more on the crown and back of the head. I know I won't stick to a twice a day lotion anyway. So I decided to do nothing and If i need a redo (in the areas beyond the new transplanted follicles), I'm fine with it.

i have some pics with I would post temporarily here but had some trouble due to file size (1.5 MB). anyone know how i can do this?

Messages In This Thread