rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm Starting a Blog

I'm Starting a Blog

Quote: (09-27-2012 03:33 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

As Rio said, make it super niche. If you want to grow your blogs readership you're going to want to post at least 5 days a week and If you're not posting that often, up to half your hits won't even be actual readers, just randoms stumbling upon it off Google Images and such. The one super long post idea could work, but more likely people aren't going to be coming back often and spreading the word about your blog if you aren't posting all the time.

As someone who has previously built, marketed, and sold two successful blogs, totaling over 210k unique visitors, and over 520k page views, I disagree.

Both Social Triggers and ViperChill, highly respected online marketing blogs, recommend and practice publishing much longer articles, less often, that really break down and tackle an issue. 5 posts per week can work, but so can one long (1,000-1,500) word article.

The determining factor is the quality and helpfulness of your posts. For me, I would rather read one article that tackles a topic in depth, than 5 shorter articles that don't tackle their topics as thoroughly.

Look at the most popular posts on ViperChill: http://www.viperchill.com/viral/

Longer posts which go in depth on a topic extremely well. This guy is an EXPERT in this field, much more than you or I will probably ever be. This is what he does an recommends, and for good reason.

These type of posts are much more likley to be shared, linked to, and go viral.

Why? Because a well written and helpful post of 1,000+ words is in general going to be much more valuable than your normal 300 word post. You can break down, explain, and solve a problem much better in a longer post.

Think about it, what will be more helpful to a larger audience, 3-5 short posts on approaching in grocery stores, or 1 long, 1,000-1,500 blueprint breaking it down step by step, everything from common problems, openers, how to isnta-date from there, whatever.

Either approach can work. However, I haven't seen many game blogs really breaking down a problem in a "resource" type post. In many other niches these are the types of posts that get shared and linked to most.

Quote:Quote:

If you're not posting that often, up to half your hits won't even be actual readers, just randoms stumbling upon it off Google Images and such.

The number of visitors coming to your site from Google images has absolutely nothing to do with the length of your post, or how many times per week you post.

Your images will rank in Google images by how relevant Google feels your image is to the searchers keyword, which would be determined by image name, title, post/domain links/strength, etc.

Messages In This Thread