rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rich Guy Admits his Taxes are Too Low

Rich Guy Admits his Taxes are Too Low

Quote: (09-21-2012 04:49 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2012 04:47 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2012 03:53 AM)ElJefe Wrote:  

The marginal tax rate in the US on income is very high.

That didn't make sense to me, so I googled it. The highest tax bracket for American's is only 35% for every dollar $388k. Compare that to where I live the 2nd highest bracket is 37% for every dollar over only $80k. U.K, Canada, Australia etc all have higher rates on even lower brackets compared to you. In total your tax revenue is only 26% of your GDP, the lowest of any developed state tied with South Korea. Of course, nobody wants to hear that (relatively) they're not paying a lot in tax.

Other then that though I really like some of your ideas.

You aren't factoring in state taxes.

I know, hence why I included the tax revenue as percent of GDP figures. Even with your state taxes, property taxes and what not you're paying a lot less.

Quote: (09-21-2012 04:49 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

And what I'm hearing is "well other developed countries steal more of their peoples' money so you shouldn't complain about your money being stolen"

I'm not saying don't complain, I'm saying it's absurd to call them "very high". Very high compared to who? Somalia?

Really though, it comes down the quality of the public services you are paying for. Hence why lowering taxes isn't nearly as big a political issue here as it is for you guys, we may pay more but we get a lot more back because of it, hence why we don't (or rarely) get the "my tax dollars are being stolen" mindset over here.

Messages In This Thread