rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Biggest decision of my life (Chiang Mai)

Biggest decision of my life (Chiang Mai)

Quote: (09-17-2012 10:32 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Chiang Mai is so fantastic that you'd be doing your lifestyle harm by living on that. Seriously, Thailand is cheap, but not that cheap. You'd be living well away from the gate, or in an unspeakable shithole by western standards for that money and be eating rice for months at a time. Another year of saving will make life exponentially better when you arrive in CM.

I'm not sure of the angle of living a dull life in a foreign country. Most move abroad to live a life previously unattainable within the western world, and this is absolutely attainable in CM.

Living in Chiang Mai, as amazing as it is, seems like a serious downgrade living in threadbare conditions.

That extra 6 months living in the western world could do your lifestyle a world of good.

People move abroad for different reasons, I'm not moving to Thailand for a vacation. I'm moving as a form therapy to my extremely stressful life right now. Being young (relatively) and having to take care of a family of 5 is not easy to say the least. Think of a bird stuck in a cage. I really could care less if I have to eat rice every day (I do that anyway) or live in a dingy apt.

Messages In This Thread