rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why I Love Doutzen Kroes, And Why You Should Feel the Same Way

Why I Love Doutzen Kroes, And Why You Should Feel the Same Way

Quote: (09-14-2012 06:31 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Same. I looked this girl up on Wikipedia, she's from a small village (1,600) people in Friesland. Maybe that's why her attitude is different? I don't get the point of this thread though, she's 27 years old. How is she different from any other supermodel marrying and having kids? As far as I know all of the older VS Angels have been doing the same thing (Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Miranda Kerr etc).

The point:

Quote: (09-15-2012 05:24 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I think you have to compare Kroes to other women in her position. Of course she's not the first model to marry and have kids, but generally the others have waited longer to do so, and have found famous or wealthy men to hook up with. In that sense, she's different from many of the others. And I don't know of any others that sat down and really talked about it the way Kroes has here. Also, many of the others thrust their kids in front of the media also, and treat them like accessories to their lifestyle.

From the video, it seems like she ended up modeling by accident - that she actually had other ambitions, and didn't really aspire to it. Remember - she can always be a teacher, but you have a smaller window to model. Plenty of other models and actresses have gone back to school. Her upbringing and where she's from may definitely contribute to how grounded she seems to be, but sometimes the opposite can happen - a person can feel like they've "outgrown" their small town roots, and become totally different people. I think if we can rip the vapidity and attention-whoring starfucking of some of these other chicks, we can take a moment to give kudos to someone like this for doing it in the way we preach it should be done. It isn't about her being somehow extraodinary, but she definitely appears more grounded than most women in her position.

Basically read my mind, the bolded being the main points I hoped to show.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread