rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opening a Lounge/Bar

Opening a Lounge/Bar

for me it would be social and if I made money thats just a little icing, again I would expect it drain out money like a boat with a hole in the bottom. if you have a country where you dont need a liquor license, you can figure probably 1000 a month in rent for a decent spot, 150-200 in utilities( I am guessing here) Labor should be cheap a few hundred. To open, maybe 5-10k in construction (using local materials and local labor) Go low end on the sound system, not more then a few thou (its either a lot or a little no real inbetween) starting inventory atleast 1-2k, I would keep it simple and not go for variety.... high end low end rum, vodka, whiskey, local hard shit, local beers, a few mixers and sweet liquors for girlie drinks, water gatoraiD, then you decide if you are going to sell cigs, snacks, food, etc... its a pain in the ass. I would keep it as simple as possible in the beginning.

ALso figure a loss as most guys are going to be giving out tons of beers and drinks to the girls, which ads up a LOT faster then you think it does. I think the best/cheapest way is to have a bottle of local shit and make the girls drink that. They are used to it and like it by that point, sure they will want bud light, and smirnoff and fucking johney walker black, but most countries you can get the local stuff for about 5-10 bucks a bottle, it saves a LOT of money.

Dont forget local police and shit are gonna probably expect to come and drink for free atleast a few, as my buddy says, I am here to sell drinks not to buy drinks. When you start getting in the habit of giving away drinks, it ads up much faster then you think it will. Stick to the cheap local shots/beers.

You are goign to have to promote, and and probably bribe cabbies to bring people to your bar in the beginning. figure at minimun 2k for opening night to hit the town hard.

now I am just rambling, there is so much shit to think about..... been there. But yeah all in all you could make a really nice place for 50k if you are careful. You will get nickle and dimed and it will ad up much faster then you think. So plan on trying to open only spending 25k and you will probably keep it at 50k

EDIT: If someone was thinking, like a few of us in the other thread, about Hugh Hef lifestyle, it would be best to rent a whole building, bar on bottom, pimp house above, party when you want, take the girls up stairs, etc... make as much noise as you want, and 1 stop shopping. and you already pay the rent for your apt so the bar wont be a big deal.

Messages In This Thread