rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marriage is for Pussies

Marriage is for Pussies

Honestly, what woman would want to have children with a man unwilling to marry them? She is going to carry a baby to term, potentially risk her life during delivery, need your financial support and protection while she raises the child - and you aren't even willing to marry her because someday she might divorce you and you lose some possessions? She is all in when she gets pregnant. It is only reasonable that she wants the same commitment in return.

Getting married lets her know you are in it together and that you mean it. It is the same statement to society as well (not that I care too much what others think, but she will). Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of no fault divorce necessarily, or indefinite alimony, so I can understand certain objections. Our laws need reform. If you really want protection, put your assets into a trust before you get married.

I wonder about this place sometimes. This argument is the same thing as wanting a feminine, demure, attractive girl and bitching about assuming the masculine role and buying her a drink or dinner. This forum loves to bitch about how feminists have changed women, yet balks at assuming traditional males roles like husband or father. In the long run, raising successful children in a loving family will be 100 times more satisfying than just banging sluts in one night stands and ending up old and alone.

If you don't want children then by all means don't get married. I understand that argument.

The stability and tradition of a loving two parent household, however, is important to raise well adjusted children - and that means living together for the long term, and that doesn't mean her divorcing you and taking the children out of your life either. You need to find the right girl.

Here are some stats:

-63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census)
-85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes
-71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
-70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes
-85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home
-Boys who grow up in father-absent homes are more likely that those in father-present homes to have trouble establishing appropriate sex roles and gender identity.

Why dog on marriage? To raise children a healthy marriage is important. If that's not your thing and never will be, then game on player.

Messages In This Thread