rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

July 2012: Hottest Month on Record

July 2012: Hottest Month on Record

Quote: (08-08-2012 04:59 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Either way, I love to piss people off and tell them how much I love global warming. I used to tell my environmentalists in college that I left my car running, drove around in circles, and set bushes on fire to help make the world a warmer place and end the horrible New England winters.

I wouldn't say New England winters are horrible unless you're living up in the mountains of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Where I'm at on the coast, it's quite mild throughout the year.

Outside of that though, I don't see any pressing problem with climate change considering the climate has been changing since the birth of our planet(see this for a nice overview). Typically, life on Earth not only adapts but also changes the composition of the biosphere to better suit itself(ie. Earth's version of homeostasis brought to you by life). Simply, more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere traps heat but also increases evaporation which leads to more cloud cover which reflects sunlight away from the Earth. This increased evaporation also would lead to increased precipitation overall which would allow more vegetation in previously arid areas. Let me finish this by saying that I am by no means a climatologist and that these are what I believe and might not be explicitly factual.

Messages In This Thread