rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Style Questions about Glasses vs. Lasik

Style Questions about Glasses vs. Lasik

I started wearing contacts right after middle school and never looked back. Before contacts, when I wore glasses, I played fewer sports due to limits imposed on me by glasses and was way less confident in myself physically. When I wore contacts it was like a new world opened up to me. Suddenly I could play rugby, run track, and shoot sporting clays without too much difficulty. I didn't have to worry about how I looked or if my nose looked ginormous in glasses anymore. I felt like a completely different person with contacts in. Whenever I wear glasses now, I feel a little beta compared to the way I feel with contacts. If I'm alone at home I don't really give a shit - but if I am in public I make myself wear contacts.

I like wearing them so much that I probably wear my dailies too much sometimes. I got a corneal abrasion (my cornea got cut) when I slept with them in by accident and couldn't play in rugby tournament because of that - but my desire to wear contacts hardly took a hit. Within a week I was wearing contacts full time again. Every now and then I take a break and wear glasses but almost never in public.

I came to the game a little late, so I am not sure how much it has affected me with girls - but wearing contacts gave me one of the biggest confidence boosts of my life - which helped me get to where I am today.

Messages In This Thread