rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking a bullet for your girlfriend -- Alpha? Or White Knighting?

Taking a bullet for your girlfriend -- Alpha? Or White Knighting?

Quote: (07-22-2012 03:37 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

The probability of psychological ruination for them is quite high.

Why are you so sure?

I see it all the time - guy does something nice for a girl, girl laughs in his face. So many girls aren't grateful in the first place. But even if they were... why does she deserve to be saved over you?

And logistically speaking, I'm not convinced it's a sound strategy. Imagine you have a shooting like this, where the victims are classified as 'protectors' and 'princesses' - the protectors' goal is to ensure the survival of their respective princess. Compare that to where adults take the 'every man for himself' tack. Under which strategy do more people live? Making every adult responsible for themselves over other adults (children are a little different, but they're irrelevant in considering saving girlfriends) seems like it would yield the least death. This isn't a soldier jumping on a grenade to save the rest of his fire-team.

Would I save my girlfriend? No. Being a girlfriend means nothing. At best, it means "I will fuck you and only you, until I decide I want a new man." Unlike death, a girlfriend is not remotely permanent. When marriage is seen as not a lifetime bond, but something to try while it works, and abandon when it doesn't, a non-marital relationship is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. There is hardly any commitment involved for a woman. And she isn't bearing your children. I understand if she wouldn't sacrifice her life for mine - after all, it's just a relationship of convenience most of the time, and death is not so convenient.

Messages In This Thread