rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Brick and Mortar Lifestyle Businesses?

Best Brick and Mortar Lifestyle Businesses?

Quote: (07-08-2012 11:53 PM)cherico88 Wrote:  

Basil:

I receive a lot of value and enjoyment from this site. It's easily my favorite on the web. It's about time I started giving back and hope that it helps some of you cats.

This is for anyone of any age that is starting off on a "shoe string" budget. My young nephew (24) and his buddy buy goods wholesale and retail them on the Venice Boardwalk, Rose Bowl swap meet and other events and festivals.

Go to independentretailer.com and look at their online catalog. My nephew buys from here and from the industry trade shows in Las Vegas and LA. Look at the reading glasses in the catalog. They go for $1.40 or so each. I was just in Walgreens today and reading glasses were selling for $14!!!! My nephew sells the glasses in flea markets for $5.

He and his buddy sell "band" t-shirts on the Boardwalk. You know, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Led Zep - all the biggies. Buys them for $4 and sells them for $10-14. He gets the best deals at the trade shows. You can find the trade show list at the above website.

He also has a website where he sells survival/gun type gear. He knows nothing about web design. He went to Go Daddy and built his website in an hour. Let me tell you about my nephew. His only skills are playing guitar in an alt rock band and surfing. He has a degree in art! He and his buddy Jake work the 6 warm months here in SoCal and then make enough to spend the other 6 months in Hawaii, mainly on the north shore. Waves break monster in the winter on the north shore. They also surf Bali, Fiji, Philippines, and Baja.

They meet hordes of women on the boardwalk and other festivals. There are thousands of women walking past him every day - and he's at the beach.

He's also the guy that sends young hot girls into clubs selling flashing led type bracelets, glow in the dark things. You can find some in the above catalog. I think he pays $.25-.50 for the things and sells them for $5. He splits the money with the girls.

All of the above are low risk ventures. Maybe you won't make Donald Trump dollars, but you definitely can make enough to fund an exciting lifestyle like my nephew and his buddy.

If anyone has questions about this business, let me know and I'll ask my nephew.

This is some good shit. I haven't read the whole thread. I only read your post so far since it's the latest one. I might look into that one day. I use to always think about wholesale shit. I knew a dude in high school who would sell candy like that. I never asked him where he got it from though; but I knew it was off some wholesale shit. What your nephew is doing pretty cool; especially for some side money to go on trips on or just to save in general.

Messages In This Thread