rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anderson Sliva vs Chael Sonnen 2

Anderson Sliva vs Chael Sonnen 2

Quote: (07-08-2012 06:35 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

That was bizarre.

(Spoilers incoming.)

During the first round, I thought 'This is going to be the most boring 5round floor fest I've seen in a while' and then it was like somebody switched Anderson Silva on between the rounds and suddenly he was a takedown stuffing machine.

Chael was the opposite. He basically gave up after he missed that spinning move completely.

Boring?? How was that boring? I was sitting on the edge of my seat that whole round. First off who ever takes down Silva in the first few seconds? I don't think anyone was more surprised by that take down than Silva, who usually likes to keep his distance the first few minutes while he studies his opponent.

There was lots of action on the ground. Silva's defensive control on his back was impeccable. When he got mount I was counting down the seconds on the clock.

I don't think Sonnen gave up after that slip, that hard knee to the chest Silva gave him must have knocked his wind out. That was tough to recover from. At that point Silva smelled blood and went in for the kill.

Great fight! Now if you want to talk about a boring ass fight, the Griffin vs Ortiz match I stopped watching and started talking to people in the bar instead.

Messages In This Thread