rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do elite universities kill game? (serious question with a story to it)

Do elite universities kill game? (serious question with a story to it)

Quote: (07-06-2012 12:56 AM)torontokid Wrote:  

I guess Queen's in the 80s didn't have the same ratio...

The one side effect of feminism that I like is that college ratios are utterly in favor of males(60:40 female to male ratio in most Canadian Universities), which means college game for college student is much easier than the cockfest that most bars and club are in many cities.

This.

Also, girls at my institution are not ugly. Then again I'm in Uppsala and my university is about 75 % female. Most of them are really fit, young blonde girls in the 18-22 age range.

And even if I grew up with these kinds of girls, it's hard not to notice how common a HB9 or HB10 are. The thing is, you do get used to it, because you have to. And that in of itself is a bit of a plus because you cant really get intimidated by HB9s in other nations because you've seen hotter girls all day long on campus and she might be rare in her country but not in yours.

Also, everyone whines about feminism. Well, in Sweden, feminism country #1, things are pretty relaxed. A lot of guys in these discussions carry some kind of mental ghost in their minds which they are fighting against which has no real connection to reality.

Then again, feminism isn't that 'in' anymore in Sweden, and hasn't been for quite some years. The basic notions of equality remain, but that's in our cultural DNA. Scandinavia was very early with rights to women to vote etc. We've always had an egalitarian outlook. And as far as I can tell, relations here between men and women are very sound and good.

Women expect you to do more than they do in other, more reactionary, Western countries. But you're also given a much freer role as a man, instead of being an ATM machine who never sees his family. That being said, wimps are not appreciated. Including by feminists. That much is right. But that doesnt mean women in general fantasize about being beaten or something, as some people here seem to think. That says more about your own problems with women and trouble to relate to them.

Bottomline:

Things have never been better for a dedicated guy. Girls and guys share much more, both at work, at home and spend time together socially in more relaxed ways. At least here in Sweden. I'd say 40 % of my friends are girls, and I'm not even a very social guy. I'm a pretty nerdy kind of guy with nerdy interests. I know guys who could easily get more than 70 % female friends but who actively work against it because they want more guy friends.

But again, this is a Sweden-centric perspective. Gender relations here are much better and more sound. We don't have the paranoia of WHO WILL BE THE BREADWINNER. Stuff like that will get you mildly ridiculed here, and for good reason. I do see a lot of progress in these areas in urban, educated centers like NYC. Especially in Brooklyn, where I have a friend living right now. I'm not that acquainted with Canada. My sense is that since the oil boom, it has gotten a bit less progressive and even a bit thuggish there. But I could be wrong. What say you, Torontokid?

Messages In This Thread