rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Pledge...to mouth cliches and be a "servant" to our President

I Pledge...to mouth cliches and be a "servant" to our President

I'm not an Obama supporter. Apologies accepted, and thank you for Microsoft Word (1995 edition).

I applaud your diversionary tactic and will address it. Your generation's advances weren't given - they were sold. Sold through monopolies that the then, boomer-run government both condoned and received a hefty cut both financially and in terms of power. Thanks to Boomer George W. Bush, our cell phone companies can tap our phones and search our phone records without a warrant, but I digress...

As for mocking whomever you'd like to mock, you're more than entitled. You're also entitled to social security. Many in your generation will need it, as roughly half have over $25k tucked away for retirement.

As for your use of the word "pikers" (great word btw, haven't heard it in a while) the boomer generation's personal finances - if you believe the above statistic - doesn't lead one to believe you made small bets or were "stingy or cautious."

Furthermore, the most recent boomer President Bush cranked our public debt to GDP ratio up from 32 to 54 percent. This was when the economy was good. Obama's simply following the same script in a lousy economy.

If victorious in the electoral college, Romney will do the same. We could argue this until the cows come home, but it's won't be Romney's fault in the same way it's not Obama's fault...

I'm not sure if you've spent (read: done) time in Washington, DC. The politicians, the lobbyists, the contractors - mostly boomers. Baby boomers cemented this fucked up system that takes (under the threat of jail time) from its own to finance deficit spending. Think about it: Under Reagan (where the boomers first got their start in "the system") spending went through the roof. Boomers came to formal power with Clinton and Bush 43.

In the same way that you're only one baby boomer, Obama is only one president. There's a whole congress, mostly boomer, that rubberstamps his spend and spend agenda. A Chief Justice (again, a boomer), that decides the insurance mandate/tax is Constitutional. The Chairman of the Federal Reserve is, as you probably know, the probably the most powerful man the world and he is a boomer as well.

As referenced in my previous post, I will "deal with it" and I don't need your command to do so. Consciously or unconsciously, we will all deal with it.

Our political leanings are probably closer than you otherwise assumed. At the same time, my bullshit detector goes off when someone from the generation that deserves a large part of the blame for our country's current, fucked-up, scenario tells me and everyone else on this board that we should vote a certain way to "fix" Obama's mistakes.

The whole system needs fixing. This system that your generation - more than any other before or since - helped create and strengthen offers no solution. The only solution is to tear it down and start from scratch. History will show that no boomer, yourself included, had the courage to do it.

I wish you the best of luck in your blaming of politicians and searching for solutions inside a system that serves only itself. You'll need it.

Messages In This Thread