rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do elite universities kill game? (serious question with a story to it)

Do elite universities kill game? (serious question with a story to it)

Yep you see my point exactly. Immature people like to make excuses instead of acknowledging their limitations. As they say, the truth hurts.

If you can't take criticism, you are a child.

Quote: (07-05-2012 09:52 AM)joehoya Wrote:  

Very true.

In my experience, 95% of the guys who say they personally could have killed an elite school are completely full of shit. This is especially funny when they have zero fucking idea what the curriculum or grading standards for these schools are. It is purely a defense mechanism to cover an inferiority complex.

My personal experience with was similar to yours in that I had a guy who was doing a similar grad program as mine, but at a no-name weak school. He went on and on about how the only reason folks get into those top grad schools is because they kissed their professors ass to get good recommendations, and how it is the same subject at every school, so if you learn it at one school it is the same as learning it at another.

Finally, I wanted to him to put up or shut up, so I asked to see some of his homework assignments. We cracked open our laptops, logged on to our respective university websites and compared homework. Keep in mind, we were both studying the same field at different schools, so our courses were similar. When he saw my assignments, his attacks shifted from how he could have done well there to how my school makes the assignments unnecessarily difficult. He kept saying "You aren't going to need to know X in that much depth." I found myself thinking "How the fuck do you know?" People are going to make excuses for their failures no matter what.

Messages In This Thread