rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Kids: Spoiled Rotten

American Kids: Spoiled Rotten

I just read this article today, it was posted on some aggregators: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/bo...ks_kolbert

And for me it is like another puzzle piece to understand America. I always wondered why Americans are so lovey dovey with their parents. For instance, when I was in Cincinnati I saw a father and son hug and cry and tell each other that they love each other.. I read comments on line from guys that are not ashamed to admit that they shed a tear over some bullshit scene from a hollywood movie in a YouTube video. And I wonder: Who are those wimps?

I still think Americans are awesome people, at least the ones I've had a pleasure to meet. (The other week I've been working with a guy that flew in from Portland and I remember thinking: This guy could outgame me and any of my friends and steal our girlfriends if he wanted to.) But then you have people at Rooshv and Cheateau Heartiste constantly complaining about the women in America..

So there you go. This article is one possible answer: American men are raised to be spoiled wimps while at the same time American girls are taught the feminist agenda. And then the girls work harder, they achieve more, and they meet guys that are weak all the time.

Of course they lose respect, of course they turn bitchy, of course guys like me and everyone else in this forum don't care for them anymore, then they turn fat, or whatever..

I'm probably putting too many ingredients in my explanation soup (and it's just a hobby for me thinking about it), but I do believe in a holistic approach to explain how the world works.

So yeah, if you have kids, don't let them become entitled weak little bitches. If your kids fuck up, punish them, slap them even, just don't buy them a new Playstation game.

I am sure most of the forum members would be great parents. But the word needs to be spread.

For example I'd fucking punish my son so hard that he'd wish he was a child-laborer in some banana republic if he came up with the idea to call child-support, just because I don't want to sue his school, because he failed a test..

Just saying.

Good read. [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread