rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help Me Plan An Awesome Asia Trip

Help Me Plan An Awesome Asia Trip

If cost is an important factor, don't go to Japan, especially Tokyo. It is brutal at current exchange rates (basically everything costs 50% more in $ than it did 5 years ago). I'm not saying you can't make it work on a budget, but it will suck a lot of the fun out of the trip. For example, even staying in a capsule hotel on the outskirts of the city will cost over $50/night. Anything approaching a normal room will cost much more. You can rent a room in a guesthouse (basically a tiny bedroom in a house sharing bathroom and kitchen) but with cleaning and admin fees even that will set you back close to $1000 for the month (and that is the price if you stay on the outskirts). If you want to live like an adult human, just to have a tiny short-term apartment in a decent area will set you back around $2000/month. Unless you want to either sacrifice a lot of comfort or blow through your cash, I'd suggest a cheaper destination. I love Japan but now is just not the time to visit.

Messages In This Thread