rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No Excuses Workout Routine For ExctoMorphs

No Excuses Workout Routine For ExctoMorphs

I'm a big fan of WestCoast's posts. How he has a reputation of only 6 is beyond me.

Pretty good routine, looks basic but I think that is a good thing. People worry too much about special training techniques and methodologies that they major in the minors and miss out on the big picture.

Most people would do well to just make the following commitments:

Training
-follow a basic bodypart split, or an upper body/ lower body split
-focus on PROGRESSION, make sure you are regularly adding reps or weight to the bar (easy when you're a newb)
-focus on big compound barbell lifts (squats, bench, deadlifts, rows), but don't neglect isolation work, even with machines
-do some moderate intensity cardio around twice a week on the easier days in your split
-focus on building a v-frame-- this means build shoulders, back width, and lose fat

Nutrition
-eat around a gram of protien per day
-start at a daily intake of around 14-16 time your bodyweight, and adjust that as needed to achieve your goals. If you want to gain weight, adjust so that you are gaining a pound a week. If you want to cut weight, adjust so that you are losing around a pound (or two if your really overweight) a week.
-get a decent amount of fats in your diet as well. Trying to eliminate fats are a bad idea IMO.
-take advantage of workout nutrition and better nutrient partitioning by using whey protien shakes, and a large protien and carb heavy meal post workout if you can

Messages In This Thread