rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How shall I play this silent treatment manuever?

How shall I play this silent treatment manuever?

Quote: (06-26-2012 11:16 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Later on she texts me, "Never mind. We are running late." I complain that it is fucking bullshit that she's putting a 30 min delay to her partying on Bourbon St before something as important as 'us.'

I do like her, but I also feel she is a stepping stone.

she hasn't been exhibiting real 'girlfriend' qualities.

I think it was a mistake to make a big deal about her cancelling that relationship talk. It sounds like she might have even planned that shit. She's upset that you wouldn't agree to be her boyfriend, and is trying to regain the upper hand. You played into her frame by getting upset about her cancelling the relationship talk to go party (and presumably get hit on by other guys). She wanted you to get upset, and you did. You know "us" isn't important with this stepping stone, so don't fool yourself. Why would you ever want a relationship talk with someone you only see as a slam piece? If you were going to keep her in check, don't "complain" about not doing the thing she suggested, scold her for making plans and breaking them.

How do you play this? Most importantly, work on finding your next girl. You aren't interested in her long term, so you need someone else or you will be settling. When your current girl senses that she can't monopolize your time anymore, she will be much more compliant and won't pull shit like this as much, because she knows she has to work to keep you.

According to some of the other 'freeze out punishment' posts on this board, the girl usually starts trying to call and text apologies within a couple days.
I don't think this is going to happen in this situation. She set up that whole exchange to elicit anger from you, and it worked. I think you are going to have to make the first move. Your best bet in this case is to blow it off and act like nothing happened. You were hanging out twice a week, so it's probably safe to go ahead and call/text her like normal and just set up a meet-up.

Messages In This Thread