rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interview w/ Criminal Defense Lawyer: How to Handle Cops

Interview w/ Criminal Defense Lawyer: How to Handle Cops

Quote: (05-17-2012 04:52 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

If I were pulled over for speeding and was actually speeding, here is exactly what I'd say:

"I wasn't really paying attention. I'm not going to b.s. you. I wasn't paying attention and probably was going over the limit."

Why?

Because that attitude - although incriminating - will lead to the interaction with the cop being terminated.

I don't care about getting a speeding ticket.

I do care about a cop stealing my money or planting drugs.

Cops will do both if you piss them off.

The only difference between a cop and a common criminal is the uniform, badge, and gun.

When he asks to search the car, I'd say, "No offense but I'm one of those weird civil libertarians. I know you have a hard job and I'm not trying to be a pain, but I'd rather not."

Basically, I am trying to end the transaction while being as cool/ass kissing as possible.

When I was pulled over this is what I did. I think I was so calm and cool about the whole thing that it freaked the guy out. The fact I was an entire head taller, and about 70 pounds bigger probably didn't help lol, but yeah I was as cool with the cop as possible.

While I was cuffed to teh table in the station waiting for my test results we started shooting the shit, told him I was a chef, talked a bit about that.

Jump to the day of my trial. The cop vouched for how well I handled the situation and it helped get me off with damn near nothing.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Messages In This Thread