rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Experimental return of rep points

Experimental return of rep points

Meh. There's Likes, there Stars, there's your number of post dependent title. (Game Denialist, Recovering Beta, Chubby Chaser, etc) The reputation system on top of this just seems to me superfluous, redundant, and unnecessary.

What you probably want to look at is the virtual economy models of other boards. Some boards have coins instead of rep points, and they're used to buy the ability to have an avatar pic, fancy text for your name, and little icon badges to put under it. There's a whole economy where the admins grant coins for doing things they want to encourage (like posting Travel Datasheets and creating icons), and users have the ability to gift coins to each other. Once experienced users have accumulated the 150-250 points needed to fully pimp out their avatar, they then tend to spend their coins rewarding others for good posts. bgg.cc is one model you could model.

The problem with this is Roosh could easily spend all his time managing a virtual economy rather than writing books and gaming girls. Which would be too high a cost.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread