rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China Reports

China Reports

No i live in xiamen. But i may be moving to beijing. Im helping out a family company right now, so i really didnt pick anywhere.

Originally after i left american uni, which i hated, i decided to goto china, since ive been in taiwan, and my mom's ancestors were from china. I chose Xiamen b/c they had one of the best unis there for foreigners to learn Chinese, so i did it for a few weeks and dropped out. Then work just magically found me wherever i went.

Right now, i travel roughly 10-15 days out of any given month b/c i am responsible for all of the product training and updates and news from Germany, as well as sales support, and advertising, since we are the only people in the market right now that has a foreigner running around meeting people. Ill do a report on Xiamen when i get back to there as well, with fresh eyes, ill go to some parts of town i haven't been to in ages and stay away from my normal haunts so i can be as objective as possible.

But yes, i live full time in china, and have for the last 3-4 years. My only international travel at that time was to the production center in Germany, and this year to the Arab Health fair (upcomming). So im quite local, but at the same time i still hold on to my foreigner-ness, if that makes any sense at all.

Also for population quotes, in china we count via district. The numbers may seem high, but then you need to understand that the cities are massive as well. Beijing for example can take 2-3 hours just to go from one end of the urban area to the next, with Wuhan, the largest city in sq km, can take 4+. China has this mentality to do everything big. There is plenty of undeveloped land outside most cities and they can expand. Plus, without all the safety concerns or permits most places require, a new highrise can be done inside of 6 months, including planning, so they tend to blow up fast, since the government can pretty much kick anyone out of anywhere, but as the same time is very good at paying for a new home or replacing it quickly and efficiently. The system is extremely efficient, and with the infrastructure put into place, cities can support the expanded growth very easily.

Honestly, i dont really care where i live, since i can find something intersting and cool people everywhere i go. And i rarely spend too much time at home anyways. When i am in XM, im out most of the time, at the office or out with friends or chicks ive met. To me, a home city is a place to stay, with a bed you make yourself, and chicks that are more then just a one night stand kinda thing.

Messages In This Thread