rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More Anti-(Beta?)-Men Hypocrisy From Women

More Anti-(Beta?)-Men Hypocrisy From Women

Quote: (04-20-2012 09:33 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Why do these kinds of incidents only happen in the anglosphere?

I theorize that we may find an answer in Victorianism, which was more prevalent in the anglosphere than in other parts of the world (including the continental European societies that call the UK a neighbor). There has been a history here of putting women up on a pedestal and implying their inherent religious and moral supremacy over men, even during times when the traditional patriarchy was still quite firmly in place. Women were viewed as the morally and spiritually infallible guardians of the family, truth and the future of society, even if they weren't allowed to vote. The promotion of this trope may explain why they were often held to such strict moral standards-men had a vision of angels in their heads, and preferred their women comply.

Where this Victorian impulse in turn originated I'm not sure. Puritanism may provide a deeper root, but regardless I sense our modern penchant for white-knighting here can claim some descent from our Victorian roots.
Canadians, Americans and Australians generally imported British Victorian culture, creating the spread we see now.

Just an idea.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread