rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone watch Game of Thrones?

Anyone watch Game of Thrones?

Quote: (05-22-2019 04:39 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

Actually fiction, stories of heros - they were part of all advanced cultures. The greeks were conquering the world and still were listening to stories of near-immortal warriors and beautiful princesses.

There's nothing wrong with heroic stories and mythology.

But the problem right now is our culture is being saturated with fantasy and superhero crap, driving a large segment of the population into a child-like stupor. I don't really care if they are "Red Pill" or not. These stories have their place, but they are very simplistic and highly predictable. There isn't much life philosophy to be gained from a Marvel or Batman movie.

One thing I'm doing to wean myself off this nonsense is going back to classical literature and foreign films, which are both highly inspiring.

Quote: (05-22-2019 04:39 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

If you want to see inspiring fiction, then you need to look East or even to Eastern Europe - they are still free enough and not beset by (((anti-Western creators))) or propaganda-driven underlings.

Or we could just look at our own traditions of inspiring fiction like Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Jack London, Charles Dickens, and so on. For some reason, those authors were able to transmit life-affirming messages without resorting to stories about men dressed in capes flying around and destroying cities.

Messages In This Thread