rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The selfie death thread

The selfie death thread

She had previously uploaded a photo of her on the open edge of a skyscraper's glass platform, something I personally would never do because of the risk. The nature of social networking encourages you to get more "likes" than before, pushing you into dangerous behaviors.

Quote:Quote:

A 22-year-old student who fell 40 feet from Fordham University's clock tower early Sunday morning has died.

The school confirmed Sydney Paige Monfries, from Portland, Oregon, had died in a letter to students Sunday, just weeks before she was due to graduate.

School President Joseph McShane wrote: 'It is with great sadness that I report that Sydney Monfries, a senior at Fordham College at Rose Hill, died today after sustaining a fall inside the Keating Clock tower in the early hours of the morning.

'Our hearts go out to Sydney’s parents, and her family and friends—theirs is an unimaginable loss, and we share their grief.

'There are no words sufficient to describe the loss of someone so young and full of promise — and mere weeks from graduation. Fordham will confer a bachelor’s degree upon Sydney posthumously, which we will present to her parents at the appropriate time.'

The New York Police Department said Monfries went to the Keating Hall clock tower with her friends around 3am.

Police said the senior fell while trying to get a better view of the city's skyline.

A student named Anne told the New York Post: 'I think they were posting on Instagram when it happened.'

Sources say Monfries and her friends were climbing the spiral staircase when she tripped on a landing and fell 40 feet, striking her head on the ground.

According to the Post, the back of her head was smashed in and her vitals flat-lined at the scene.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...r-4am.html

[Image: attachment.jpg41622]   

[Image: attachment.jpg41623]   

Messages In This Thread