rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interesting facts/stories. An "Everything Goes" Lounge for Random Knowledge

Interesting facts/stories. An "Everything Goes" Lounge for Random Knowledge

Quote: (12-19-2018 12:22 PM)Barry Scrotada Wrote:  

Stuff newspaper in your shoes overnight to reduce odor and moisture. Works also under your car seat. The hard part now is finding a newspaper.

I used to do this with my soaking wet football (soccer) boots and it worked perfectly.

Here's something I learned today which took me completely by surprise;

Ask anyone what the largest forest in the world is and they'll all say the Amazon. But no, the Amazon is merely the largest Rainforest in the world!

The largest forest by surface area is actually the 'Taiga Forest' (which I've never, ever heard of until today).

[Image: Distribution_Taiga.png]

Quote:Quote:

Covering more than five million square miles, this vast expanse of land first claimed by the Russian Tsars around the 17th century is also home to the world’s largest terrestrial biome, the seemingly endless taiga forest.

Making up virtually a third of the entire world’s forest cover, the taiga—or boreal forests as they’re known in North America—are a vast collective of pines, spruces and larches found throughout the high northern latitudes, between the tundra, and the temperate forest, from about 50°N to 70°N.

https://animalogic.ca/wild/this-british-...the-amazon

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread