rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Summary and Commentary of Dale Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends and Influence People.'

Summary and Commentary of Dale Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends and Influence People.'

This is a fundamental book. As Dale Carnegie explains, the main points must be read over and over again, practiced, and internalized. For example, he recommends reading each chapter twice before moving onto the next one. So this summary is particularly helpful towards that goal. Great job Thomas the Rhymer! +1.

For perhaps the most popular self-help book of all time, it's actually a pain in the ass to find an edition that hasn't been monkeyed with for a reasonable price. If you get lucky, you can find a cheap one that was published in the 50s, like this pocket book edition:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet...0126006336

I personally like the pocket book editions that were published throughout the 40s and 50s. They're complete and unabridged, and really compact, so you can take them anywhere. Plus the one I have contains an intro with some inspirational anecdotes about Carnegie's life.

Quote:Quote:

Rule 1 - don't nag
Rule 2 - don't try to change your partner
Rule 3 - don't criticise
Rule 4 - give honest appreciation
Rule 5 - pay little attentions
Rule 6 - be courteous
Rule 7 - read a good book on the sexual side of marriage (this is Carnegie politely saying "Fuck her, and fuck her hard, over and over. Then fuck her some more.")

This portion was edited out of the 1981 edition, presumably by his daughter. I find revising an author's work like this obscene. I don't want a cleaned up, politically correct version from someone who was born into his legacy. Just the original words from the man himself.

Messages In This Thread