rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

short guy clothes

short guy clothes

Quote: (04-09-2012 11:04 PM)assman Wrote:  

Great, that's a good guideline on how much I can get it taken up.

Just remember to tell them that you wear your shirts exposed versus tucked -- tucked shirts need a bit of a deeper length for "bite".

Will check it out. Any other names/lines I should check out?

I've been pretty lucky with EXPRESS-1MX Fitted Stretch (they're pretty bright vibrant colors, though) -- almost fits without tailoring and the arm holes are tailored high for tight fit, DKNY Fitted Stretch (great length, arms are loose as hell), and some of the Emporio Armani line (I wear this almost exclusively because most of their euro-trash style fits me well and looks unique in the States).

I avoid Giorgio Armani itself (tall men) but I've been getting fucking lucky with Armani Collezioni (that's their top line) -- I picked up some one-of-a-kind pieces from a trunk sale this past winter that were made for a catwalk showcase and one of the models was literally my size to the 1/2" measurement. Got me a $7000 winter coat (in metallic gold, ha) for a price I can't disclose, but cheaper than anything I found at Nordstrom new. Fit out the door.

I'm going to Vegas this weekend just to shop at the EA store there, I'll report back if I see anything this season -- last spring was all "loose" fit for whatever reason.

Darting the backs just means taking it in around the low back area, right?

Darting is when they take in the shoulder blades on down a bit, two separate lines straight down the back. It pulls in the area under the chest better, and firms up the back. I've had younger women open me by saying "Wow, your back looks powerful" more than a few times. It's all in the darting, I still carry some back fat which drives me insane.

I used to be a fat fucker when I was married -- about 60# heavier, ten + years ago.

Do you have a style blog?

I do but it's being worked on -- my hope for this year was to do it in video format; since I travel a lot, I can hit up my friends in other countries and show off some before and after shots. Video really makes a difference. I just picked up a nice $2000 video setup 3 weeks ago, so with luck and some practice, my ugly mug will be on YouTube in a month or so with some examples.

Interesting. Never really paid much attention to skin tone and shirt color. And I have lots of patterned and striped shirts, lol. There is much to learn, I see.

Most guys don't think about color -- and we all think that peacocking with bright patterns and stripes will be attractive, but it can work against you if you're not 6'0" -- those clothes are picked for "every man" and they generally aren't thinking about guys who aren't 5'10" or taller, unfortunately.

The next time you NEED some clothes, try picking up a charcoal if you're naturally tan (in winter, even), pick up an olive if you're black, pick up something baby blue or yellow if you're green skinned (Latin/Italian) or pick up something ivory-beige or tan if you're light skinned, no patterns no stripes, and add a lighter pair of fitted jeans to it. You'd be surprised what a difference the right color shirts can make to giving you a tall appearance. I regularly meet people from Facebook and my blogs when I travel (every trip, actually), and they're always shocked that I'm not 6'3".

There's a fantastic shop in California called Jimmy Au's that is likely outside most people's price range, but if you ever make it out to Beverly Hills, go over there to look around. Au has focused on men 5'8" and shorter for over 50 years and they're used to "window" shoppers. Amazing, amazing, amazing designs -- he's the ONLY designer that designs collars for shorter guys, shoulders and even the suit lapels are perfect. $125 for an off-the-rack shirt, plus $30-$50 for tailoring. Ouch, but worth it.

Messages In This Thread