rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bookstore/Grocery Store Moves

Bookstore/Grocery Store Moves

Re: Whole Foods (or any other bougie grocery store):

Quote: (07-08-2011 11:21 PM)Kona Wrote:  

...All four of them I got behind at the checkout and made the comment "I guess they don't sell cigarettes here." That got laughs, then comments were exchanged about the overall pussiness of the place, and it's patrons. They all waited after they were paid up, and we walked together outside, where I got the numbers and left.

That got an actual laugh out of me just now -- that's so pithy and hilarious. Some girls might not "get it", but ones who do will have shown themselves to have a good sense of humor.

It just has this subtle multi-layeredness I'm dying to mansplain:
- obviously the place is too classy to sell smokes, you made a funny about a store everyone's so conscious of
- slight "bad boy" vibe of insinuating you would be purchasing cigs, or reeeally could use one about now
- contrast game that you'd be in such a soy store

Super droll!

Making little cracks like this are perfect "situation openers" -- if anything, it creates a chance to get her to acknowledge you, if she's meeting eyes and laughing at your wit, and you give her the right smirk, it's game on.

This is the kind of vibe I go for in the trains or on the platforms, or outside. I'm usually making a pithy situational crack "to whoever is listening", but I know she'll hear it and smile. However for some reason I am usually a lot less outgoing in grocery stores -- will have to work on that!

Messages In This Thread