rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World's Longest Flights

World's Longest Flights

I know this approach isn't for everybody, but when I have to fly from the northeast U.S. to Hawaii or Asia, I like to start out by crossing the country by train (2½ to 3½ days, depending on which northeastern and west coast cities you're going between), and then continuing over the Pacific by air. That cuts out enough flying time to make a difference in tolerability, and also allows you to adjust gradually to the first three hours of the time zone change. I'm equally happy to do the reverse procedure on the eastbound trip. Of course, incorporating a cross-country train trip is only truly comfortable if you spring for a sleeping car room, which can be very expensive if you're traveling during a heavy-travel period and/or if you don't make your reservation far in advance. And unfortunately, even though a sleeping car room can be a great sexual venue (one of my fondest travel memories is of fucking my way from L.A. to D.C. a few years ago with an Asian-American girlfriend I'd just gotten back together with), in general your chances of getting laid on a train are pretty slim, mostly because women tend to stay away from the lounge cars late at night--I assume because they want to avoid being hit on by horny male passengers. While I have managed a few make-out sessions and a near-lay with newly met women on overnight train trips in the past, frankly I'm reluctant to take any perceptible steps to pick up women on trains, because I'm a big supporter of passenger rail service, and I hate the thought of contributing to a perception on the part of America's women that Amtrak trains (or whatever other kind of passenger trains) are "full of creepers and perverts". (On the other hand, I have no problem at all with trying to pick up women on planes and at airports, since even if my activities were to cause some tiny amount of damage to the public's basically high opinion of air travel--and of course it's essentially impossible that my activities could do that--frankly I wouldn't care.)

You could also incorporate a cross-country train trip into journeys between the U.S. west coast and Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. And if you were a person of real high style and you could make the times work, crossing the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 as part of your journey would perhaps be the ultimate way to avoid uncomfortable flying conditions and jet lag.

Messages In This Thread