rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Dutch girls hard to get?

Are Dutch girls hard to get?

Everything Tiger Man said is spot on.

Quote: (08-11-2018 03:42 PM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

Also, the Dutch bluntness takes some getting used to. I could see many men mistaking their attitude for coldness or bitchiness. In truth, they just often say whatever the hell comes to mind. You might have a girl (who really likes you and wants to bang) say, without provocation, "You smell. Are you wearing deodorant?" Many American/Canadian/etc guys would think that this girl is a bitch. In fact, she just thinks it's the most proper thing to do to let you know that. It is a weird thing that requires some patience.

This is very true about all Dutch people, not just the girls. Being Dutch myself and spending a lot of time in Asia, I get confronted with this quite often.

I once pointed out to an Asian girl on a date that she had a pimple on her nose and she should go take care of it in the restroom. That didn't end well [Image: lol.gif]

Truth is though, Dutch people aren't trying to be rude or arrogant when they are being blunt. It's just how we interact with each other.

Here's a video of Dutch ice skater Sven Kramer calling a reporter "Stupid" for asking a question.

Quote: (08-11-2018 03:42 PM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

Finally, the Dutch social circle is another odd thing. If you want to get the hottest girls, I think you have to try social circle (when is this not the case?). The problem is that proper Dutch social circle freezes at, like, 25. If they don't know you from university or earlier, it is like you can never truly get in their "inner circle". The only upside is that once you are in, you are in. So if you do a visiting year at university in the Netherlands, you can set yourself in to some great extended networks and keep them for life. But, if you don't do that, it can be very difficult.

I never really thought about this, but what you are saying is true. I am from a rural-ish area in the Netherlands and pretty much my entire social circle was formed before I hit my mid-20's and it's like that for everyone else too. The social circles I am in are VERY tight, we'd literally fly to the other side of the world, no questions asked, if someone's in trouble. On the other hand, it's almost impossible to get into a new social circle beyond surface level.

Messages In This Thread