rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US Airways Buy miles promotion

US Airways Buy miles promotion

Quote: (03-22-2012 06:59 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2012 08:41 PM)pazzesco Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2012 07:24 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2012 06:57 PM)canucktraveller Wrote:  

It is showing the price for 50,000 miles is $1,750 for me, is that the same for everyone else?

You can fly to most places in europe for $1000 in economy from Toronto, I'm not sure if the extra $750 is worth it for the upgrade.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't sound like the greatest deal flying out of the US/Canada (As usual).

50K +25k miles for $1750. The other $25K miles comes from joining points.com. So, 100K miles for $1750. I'm deciding if it's worth it too. Here's United interactive awards map.

http://pss.united.com/web/en-us/apps/mil....aspx?RW=1

This map made life so much easier. It shows the points for flights/upgrades, in correlation with the airline code. This will help as I traverse through Decoding Air Travel.

Flyertalk.com and blogs like pointsguy.com are awesome resources for frequent flyer related questions. There's a whole community of people who sign up for credit cards just for the frequent flyer mile bonuses and accumulate an ungodly amount of points. I was skeptical, but in the last year I've used some of their tactics and am hooked. I'll write up a datasheet if there is interest...flyertalk is overwhelming at first to say the least.

BTW, the promotion in this thread isn't that great.

You claim to be down on FT while simultaneously claiming the most popular Buy Miles promotion on said board is not so good? I believe you need to read up some more before you put out any datasheet.

Canucktraveller:

Read the first post. You never redeem points for an economy seat, there’s no value in that. What you do is redeem points for premium seats (Business/First) since if you’d be paying in cash those seats would easily set you back $2500-$4000 on the long haul. So this is not a promo for finding cheap flights, it’s about flying in style.

whoa, just said its not that great of a deal. and its not. not a bad deal, but there have been better ones.

for more info on this promo:
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/03/us-airwa...sed-miles/

ill put out a datasheet on credit cards/ff miles when i get a chance next week.

Messages In This Thread