rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Straight Guys with "Gay Voice"

Straight Guys with "Gay Voice"

Quote: (03-16-2012 12:42 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

(snip)

Just saying, if you want to change your voice, your vocal register, etc., it's possible. 'Who you are' is as fluid as you can make it. People think your voice is a lot more immutable than it actually is. This'll sound weird, but I started singing Sinatra and 'Springtime for Hitler' to myself when I was about 19, and my voice deepened dramatically that year.

(snip)

Wait...so you un-gayed your voice by singing a tune from a gay musical? [Image: tongue.gif] j/k

Speaking of changing your vocals it can be done with training. If you speak/sing more from the chest the voice is deeper.

I've had chicks ask me if I was gay or bi because my natural speaking voice has a touch of "nasal" to it + the way I dress + being into things like theatre. So I always make it a point that whenever I speak to a chick, I try to talk from my chest (combined with other masculine body language). Guys who observed me talking to a girl would comment, "that's funny you're using a bedroom voice." Yeah, but then I'm the one hanging out with her later on.

Classic Video:

Messages In This Thread