rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men complain about Huggies commercial: read and be ashamed

Men complain about Huggies commercial: read and be ashamed

#10 on the list (one of my favorite of those commercials by the way), could easily be grouped into the same category as the huggies ad. Men can't change diapers and teenage girls talk on phones, obsess about boys, and cant drive. Both complete generalizations.

#1 on the list insinuates women are worse drivers than men.

How is this huggies commercial any different?

Quote:basil ransom Wrote:

The funny thing is, the media would never recognize these ads as insulting in any way, if this response hadn't formed

Exactly. Because the commercial in itself isnt offense. I have changed plenty of diapers (and I dont have a kid) and Im just not seeing how this commercial is demeaning men as a class.

EDIT: OK, I do agree that this makes fun of fathers by implying they arent experts at caring for their children (in the terms of changing diapers and what not). But I would not consider it demeaning to men as whole. It takes a stereotype and uses it as a lighthearted source of comedy. Some insecure men just got their man-vags tickled the wrong way.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread