rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Conversational Questions & Threads for Building Rapport

Conversational Questions & Threads for Building Rapport

Quote: (03-07-2012 01:41 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

as for the questions themselves I wouldn't straight up ask "Would you like to be famous? In what way? " but I would say something about a famous person and their lifestyle and then drop the question

I think the criticisms of these questions come from guys analyzing it from a guy's perspective. It would sound pretty weird if you asked another dude these questions. But with a girl on a date, in quiet surroundings, where you're expected to 'get to know each other,' it's really not strange at all. Plus, you could ask one question and proceed to talk back and forth for a few minutes thereafter. It will feel like an interview if you're posing question after question, without humor interspersed. That's easy to avoid.

I think I'd whittle down my list a little more. Cut out 17 and 37. Instead of 37, you could ask "would you rather have all boys or all girls as your kids?" The answers are interesting, and I have some personal stories relating to that.

You can also make questions that combine qualification and rapport. Eg, after talking about relationships, "How affectionate are you with the people in your life?" The answer is important to me, and I really don't feel uncomfortable asking it. I don't hesitate to ask something I genuinely want to know, within reason.

Messages In This Thread