rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The reputation system has been disabled

The reputation system has been disabled

Quote: (03-06-2012 04:56 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

I think whats really happening here has nothing to do with the rep system, its just what happens during the natural aging of any message board. I've seen this happen many times including a forum I've owned and another I was an admin on. As the board grows, members butt heads.

Aged forums either get noisier or they die. Post count, user age, and the fact that the user hasn't said something stupid enough to get banned in that time frame usually is all that says a member is legit without further research.

Limiting registration to one day a month was really smart, I think Roosh can figure out some additional ways to keep things smooth.

No need for cash prizes. Better game bares it's own fruit.

Yes, there are a lot posts (and repeat threads) to sift through, it can be difficult to browse, and it can also be hard to get a sense of which posts are more valuable than others (especially for newbies). This is why I started a hierarchy of game ideas thread when I first joined.

I say we get rid of the user rating system, and make judgments on each individual post. Then we can have a "sort by votes" option for all posts so that people can see which topics matter most to this community.

Then, once a year, we can have an award ceremony for user reputations/titles and everyone can vote. There was a thread on this a little while back.

Messages In This Thread