rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any hockey fans in the house?

Any hockey fans in the house?

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Hockey fan here, I don't follow the NHL as much as I used to when I was younger but the Blackhawks are my team. I used to go for the Quebec Nordiques but after they left for Colorado I had to pick a new team and went with Chicago.

I love international hockey, especially world juniors and the Olympics, I'll never forget that goal Crosby scored in OT against team USA at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, what a nail biter that game was, the crowd at the sports bar I was at in Edmonton went INSANE.

one of the best parts about ice hockey, what other pro sport out there can two guys duke it out bare fisted? ...

I was born in the late 80's so I wasn't paying too much attention to hockey through '95 when the Nordiques played their last game.Cool that you're able to remember following a now-relocated/defunct team. I guess you saw that Adam Foote retired?

Quick aside, I got into hockey in the late 90's. My first hockey game was the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks vs. the Hershey Bears in October 1998's season opener.

I've wanted to start collecting vintage hockey jerseys, the Nordiques are on my list of must-haves. Great logo. Right now my only jersey is an Anaheim Mighty Ducks, acquired when the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks were still playing a few miles from my home. I miss that team.

And, truth spoken about hockey fights. I've seen a few good ones in my time. A couple notable ECHL ones this season, including a line brawl vs. Chicago Express on 12-22-2011:

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:21 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I have been to a few Malmo Redhawks games here in Sweden. The regular season just ended and playoffs are coming up.

Quote:Quote:

I suppose while watching hockey you guys can get hold of these, can't ya?

I wouldnt mind getting a hold of some Blue. Especially for $2 (beers at the games in Sweden are $9)

$9 for a beer is simply extortion. The local Reds and Bengals charge $7-$8 for a 12 oz. bottle, which I simply refuse to pay. Better to pre-game beforehand if you ask me.

By the way, do the Swedish leagues allow fighting?

Quote: (03-04-2012 06:11 PM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

Molson only during the game because they own my team . This year they have a disgustful after taste.

Didn't know about Molson completely owning the Habs until reading up on it this evening, inspired by your post. Interesting. I'd never even tried it until this year, when the Cyclones have it on beer special nights.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Messages In This Thread