rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Concert/festival game

Concert/festival game

Quote: (01-11-2018 08:50 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

How have your experiences been at beerfests? Lets say the event starts from 2-10pm on a weekend. When would you head out and how would your plan to lead the interaction be? What kind of conversation topics would you touch on apart from the 'your drink any good?' opener?

The biggest challenge: How do you hook the sets in such a high energy environment? They will want to keep moving, it seems futile and a loss of frame trying to keep up. I was thinking getting the number and meeting up later after the event at a bar/club might work, anyone tried it with good responses?

Cheers

I have been to about five beer fests over the last two years and I have had very good luck.

I would recommend getting there a bit early (if not for the simple fact of waiting in line to get in). I suggest opening any cute girls you see standing in line. Nothing drawn out, more like a "hey, good day for beer drinking, huh?" or something small like that. Everybody is generally in a good mood as they anticipate getting fucked up (uhh I mean tasting all kinds of beer) so the energy is positive. Anyways, plant some seeds as chances are you'll run into a few of these girls later.

Once inside, partake in the beer activities and enjoy the festival. Either you'll run into some of the girls you talked to in line or you'll see new girls. After an hour or so, everyone has a good buzz going so that will make things easier. Of course like you mentioned "How's your beer/what type of beer are you sampling" is the standard convo starter, and I usually use that but then you parlay that into other topics. If your girl/girls walk away to get in line for another sample of beer, I usually don't follow them unless the convo is going good and I need a refill myself. "Oh, this IPA better be tasty or I'm blaming you and then dragging you to the Lambic line".

The beer festivals out here in the Midwest of the US usually don't last too long into the night (latest is around 9pm) so chances are people have plans afterwards. As the festival draws to a close, ask the girls what they are doing afterwards and play it from there.

Honestly I love beer fests and it makes gaming so much easier due to: alcohol, nice weather (spring/summer), people being in good spirits, and overall loose atmosphere. The only issue I run into is talking to girls and finding out they are there with their boyfriends/husbands. YMMV on that as you may push through but really there are so many girls there that I just move on to the next set.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Messages In This Thread