rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

Quote: (02-21-2012 02:08 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Another ENTP here. Those descriptions seem very accurate.

Funnily enough a girl I went on a date with recently told me about doing the same exercise at the finance company where she works. She was on the J side of that exercise and had similar results. They drew a grid of the places they wanted to go to, decided they'd charter a private jet and then decided the optimum itinerary.

She painted the P side as more dysfunctional and unable to come up with a solid plan.

It never went further with her.

Hahahaha, that's awesome. I'm comfortable with analysis, so drawing a grid is not a problem per se. I just can't fucking imagine doing that to solve a dispute like that, unless I were surrounded by really uptight, anal types.

She's wrong of course, because that form of planning can actually yield inferior results sometimes, it really depends on the circumstances. For instance, in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, they've realized soldiers would benefit from allowing officers in the field to make decisions on the spot, instead having officials on high decide ahead of time. Adaptive Perception style decision-making is more suited to situations with incomplete information and rapidly changing conditions. Besides, if you're conscious of your tendencies, you can correct for them as appropriate.

It's funny, because I find these sorts of people disagreeable, while some people find me disagreeable for not being afraid to argue, and for being a provocateur. From the 2nd ENTP description: " generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport."

Messages In This Thread