rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Beauty: Beta Rebellion & Female Delusion

American Beauty: Beta Rebellion & Female Delusion

There's another message in this movie, which just came to me. This movie is all about people who have accumulated stuff. Lester's wife cares much about the couch than about sharing a hot moment with Lester. Lester realizes that it's "just a couch." He instead wants to have a great experience, possibly rekindling a little fire in a loveless and sexless marriage.

I absolutely loved the character of Ricky Fitts. I love it when he calls Angela "ordinary" and "boring." She can't stand it because she knows Ricky is right on the money.

Finally, what is the deal with Ricky Fitts's mom? I love it when she just says, "Wear a raincoat."

Does the movie ever specify what Lester actually does for his job at the beginning? I suspect it doesn't matter. Lester is bored because his job gives him no meaning and no purpose. That's why he takes the fast-food job. It's a job with no meaning and no purpose, but it's also less stress.

Let's also remember that this came out in 1999. A guy constantly carrying a camera around, like Ricky Fitts, was considered creepy. I don't know if it would have that stigma now.

Messages In This Thread