rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifting weights and low carb dieting

Lifting weights and low carb dieting

Quote: (02-10-2012 03:21 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

As everyone said, you're WAAAY under eating.

I did Atkins for months and would go days without eating any carbs and I lifted just fine, the problem is waking up and eating like you're in Aushcwitz and THEN going to the gym isn't gonna cut it, your body has no fuel to burn.

Put some good fats into your morning mix and eat some quick burning protein, go buy some turkey sausage and slam down 6oz of that with your breakfast, give your gut something to work with.

Also yes, fruits has carbs but as MiXX said its not the same as bread. Fruit breaks down into fructose which has a much lower glycemic impact which means your blood sugar isn't gonna go ape shit from a little fruit.

Strawberries too. Strawberries are surprisingly low in carbs but packed with all kinds of goodness.

I understand carbs from pasta are different from carbs from an apple, but I don't know if I am really under-eating since my goal is to slim down a bit.

I used to eat oatmeal in the morning before working out and it gave me a lot of energy, too bad my serving size had 20 carbs.

Do you recommend I eat a big piece of chicken breast before working out in the morning?

Messages In This Thread