rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Bum Show: Episode 5 - A Cancun Diary

Travel Bum Show: Episode 5 - A Cancun Diary

I love this show. His observations are totally on point.

Like him, I've often felt that I pretty much had to get drunk to get anywhere with girls, and that they just don't respond well unless a) I'm shitfaced and b) we're talking about inane, base shit (something that, for a nerd like myself, necessitates steady liquor intake).

I see where he's coming from when he says he loves to fuck, but would like to connect a little first. In America, you can't have this mindset and get very far, especially if you are young (18-25) and/or are dealing with girls in that age range. Young girls here seem to demand cruder behavior. They just don't know how to respond to more level headed, calm approaches, and appear to get downright frightened by any approach that makes you seem remotely "intellectual" or mature. You've got to race as close to the bottom with them as you can-whoever hits the lowest common denominator first wins them over.

You can see a huge difference in the way he was approaching those young Mexican girls. After he isolated the one he wanted, he was able to talk calmly (and soberly) about his interests, what he studied, why he studied it, etc, and then get her to do the same.
I remember feeling anxious as I watched this part, because I've been acclimated to American dating. Here, if you try to take that approach, the girl will roll her eyes (at worst) or simply disappear (at best). You're almost guaranteed to turn her off. I instinctively expected the girl (Fernanda) to kind of run off or clearly signal him to go away, or perhaps for her friends to just cockblock him somehow.

And yet it didn't happen. She didn't reject his calm conversation, she actually responded in kind, suggested a place to meet, and thanked him when he left. It's unfortunate that he didn't catch up with her, but if he had I'm willing to bet he could have gotten somewhere. He seemed surprised, and so was I. You can't get that type of reaction here.

America's conservatism (Puritanism-that's where it all comes from) creates a land of extremes. It seems that when it comes to sexuality, people are either very strict traditionalist types who don't let loose much at all and promote this repression of sexuality within the culture or they're on the other extreme (which you see in the video) and are completely base to the point at which anything more meaningful than the drunken encounters you saw in the vid is antithetical to them or to relating with them.

There's no real middle ground. You can't just go up and be sort of normal and chill, then work your way up to something a bit more sexual (the way he tried with Fernanda in this video and with the cuban girls in his last video). You've got to be drunk and beholden to expressing your most base instincts. That can be fun for a little while (he obviously had a decent time), but it gets old very quickly, and at some point you want more. These girls just can't offer more.

If you are an American and do want more, you can either a) wait it all out and date older women 27+ who'll possibly be a little more mature (with the massive caveat that they'll likely have spent most of their prior years behaving like the girls you saw in this vid and will have the mileage/baggage to match) or b) find women from another culture/country.

It is unfortunate that this has come to be the state of things, but it is what it is.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread